Training and capacity building are two important components needed for a successful workforce. It refers to the process of enhancing an organization’s ability to perform specific activities. This is in order for the organization to be able to fulfill their defined mission. Based on this, the TRAQUE programme is focused on training and capacity building for Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI) employees.
The purpose of the training is to:
- Concentrate capacity building actions, targeted in supporting specific departments within MoTI in the improvement of services provision and capacity of meeting the private sector demand.
- Continue supporting national quality infrastructure institutions, among others Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) and Food and Drugs Authority (FDA), in consolidating their capacity of delivering conformity assessment services and responding to the growing national demand for better quality in services and products.
- Develop a self-standing / long term plan for the improvement of the internal capacity of National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI) and Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) in delivering “state of the art” services to their members.
The expected results from the activities implemented during the period includes
- Strengthened capacity of MoTI in trade policy analysis and formulation and for the implementation of trade policies and trade agreements (including the EPA)
- Effective institutions for the implementation of the national quality policy and the creation of a performing quality infrastructure covering areas such as metrology, accreditation, standardisation, conformity, certification and regulation. The institutions will have clear mandates and the capabilities to control and promote compliance with issues on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) and Sanitary and Phytosanitary requirements, conditioning access to international markets.